Welcome to the Cricket World Cup 2023: Unveiling a Grand Spectacle!
Prepare for the pinnacle of cricketing excellence as the 2023 World Cup cricket unfolds in India from October 5 to November 19. This is the 13th edition of the prestigious tournament, promising a cricketing extravaganza like never before.
Cricket World Cup 2023 Significance and History
The Cricket World Cup stands as the epitome of international cricket, bringing together the finest teams from around the globe. Established as a quadrennial event, it has a rich history of showcasing thrilling contests and memorable moments.
With England defending their title from the 2019 edition, the stakes are high, and the excitement is palpable. The journey to the 2023 edition has been nothing short of dramatic, featuring a qualification process that saw teams battling it out for coveted spots.
The tournament was initially scheduled for February to March but was rescheduled to October to November due to disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. With India as the sole Cricket World Cup 2023 host and ten nations competing, the stage is set for an unforgettable cricketing spectacle.
Stay tuned as we take you through the gripping matches, iconic venues, and vibrant cultural celebrations surrounding the 2023 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup. The cricketing world is ready to witness history – are you?
Cricket World Cup 2023 Tournament Overview
The 2023 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup is set to captivate cricket enthusiasts from October 5 to November 19, with India playing host to this grand spectacle. Featuring the 13th edition of the tournament, this cricketing extravaganza will witness ten powerhouse nations competing for glory.
This edition’s cricketing giants locking horns include Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, England, India, Netherlands, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, and Sri Lanka. Notably, the qualification process saw intense battles, with some prominent names missing out, adding an extra layer of excitement to the tournament.
Cricket World Cup 2023 Unique Features
- Unlike previous editions, the 2023 Cricket World Cup introduces some distinctive elements. It marks the first time India is the sole host, having co-hosted the event on three occasions.
- The tournament was originally scheduled for February to March but shifted to October and November due to the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The qualification process brought surprises, with former winners West Indies failing to progress, making this edition the first without their participation.
|Afghanistan||ICC Super League|
|Australia||ICC Super League|
|Bangladesh||ICC Super League|
|England||ICC Super League|
|India (Host)||Host Nation|
|Netherlands||ICC Super League|
|New Zealand||ICC Super League|
|Pakistan||ICC Super League|
|South Africa||ICC Super League|
|Sri Lanka||ICC Super League|
2023 Cricket World Cup Venues
Get ready for cricketing action at these Cricket World Cup 2023 stadiums hosting the 2023 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup matches:
Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad:
- Capacity: 132,000
- Significance: The World’s largest stadium hosted the historic Day/Night Test between India and England in 2021.
Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, Hyderabad:
- Capacity: 55,000
- Significance: Witnessed the first-ever T20 International between India and New Zealand in 2012.
Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala:
- Capacity: 23,000
- Significance: Known for its picturesque setting, hosted numerous international matches.
Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi:
- Capacity: 41,842
- Significance: Formerly, Feroz Shah Kotla Ground witnessed historic moments like Anil Kumble’s 10-wicket haul.
MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai:
- Capacity: 50,000
- Significance: Renowned for its electric atmosphere; hosted critical matches in various tournaments.
Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow:
- Capacity: 50,000
- Significance: Named after the former Prime Minister of India, hosting key matches in the World Cup.
M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru:
- Capacity: 40,000
- Significance: Witnessed India’s memorable win against Pakistan in the 1996 World Cup quarter-final.
Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai:
- Capacity: 41,000
- Significance: Witnessed the 2011 World Cup final, where India triumphed over Sri Lanka.
Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune:
- Capacity: 37,406
- Significance: A modern venue known for its excellent facilities.
Eden Gardens, Kolkata:
- Capacity: 66,000
- Significance: One of the oldest and most iconic stadiums, hosted the 1987 World Cup final.
Cricket World Cup 2023 Teams
After announcing replacements, here is the updated squad list of all 10 participating teams in the ICC World Cup.
- Rohit Sharma (c),
- Hardik Pandya (vc),
- Shubman Gill,
- Virat Kohli,
- Shreyas Iyer,
- KL Rahul,
- Ravindra Jadeja,
- Shardul Thakur,
- Jasprit Bumrah,
- Mohammed Siraj,
- Kuldeep Yadav,
- Mohammed Shami,
- Ravichandran Ashwin,
- Ishan Kishan,
- Suryakumar Yadav.
- Pat Cummins (c),
- Steve Smith,
- Alex Carey,
- Josh Inglis,
- Sean Abbott,
- Cameron Green,
- Josh Hazlewood,
- Travis Head,
- Marnus Labuschagne,
- Mitch Marsh,
- Glenn Maxwell,
- Marcus Stoinis,
- David Warner,
- Adam Zampa,
- Mitchell Starc.
- Jos Buttler (c),
- Moeen Ali,
- Gus Atkinson,
- Jonny Bairstow,
- Sam Curran,
- Liam Livingstone,
- Dawid Malan,
- Adil Rashid,
- Joe Root,
- Harry Brook,
- Ben Stokes,
- Reece Topley,
- David Willey,
- Mark Wood,
- Chris Woakes.
- Babar Azam (c),
- Shadab Khan,
- Fakhar Zaman,
- Abdullah Shafique,
- Mohammad Rizwan,
- Saud Shakeel,
- Iftikhar Ahmed,
- Salman Ali Agha,
- Mohammad Nawaz,
- Usama Mir,
- Haris Rauf,
- Hasan Ali,
- Shaheen Afridi,
- Mohammad Wasim.
New Zealand squad:
- Kane Williamson (c),
- Trent Boult,
- Mark Chapman,
- Devon Conway,
- Lockie Ferguson,
- Matt Henry,
- Tom Latham,
- Daryl Mitchell,
- Jimmy Neesham,
- Glenn Phillips,
- Rachin Ravindra,
- Mitch Santner,
- Ish Sodhi,
- Tim Southee,
- Will Young.
South Africa squad:
- Temba Bavuma (c),
- Gerald Coetzee,
- Quinton de Kock,
- Reeza Hendricks,
- Marco Jansen,
- Heinrich Klaasen,
- Keshav Maharaj,
- Aiden Markram,
- David Miller,
- Lungi Ngidi,
- Andile Phehlukwayo,
- Kagiso Rabada,
- Tabraiz Shamsi,
- Rassie van der Dussen,
- Lizaad Williams.
Sri Lanka Squad:
- Dasun Shanaka (c),
- Kusal Mendis (vc),
- Kusal Perera,
- Pathum Nissanka,
- Lahiru Kumara,
- Dimuth Karunaratne,
- Sadeera Samarawickrama,
- Charith Asalanka,
- Dhananjaya de Silva,
- Maheesh Theekshana,
- Dunith Wellalage,
- Kasun Rajitha,
- Matheesha Pathirana,
- Dilshan Madushanka,
- Dushan Hemantha
- Shakib Al Hasan (c),
- Litton Kumer Das,
- Tanzid Hasan Tamim,
- Najmul Hossain Shanto (vc),
- Tawhid Hridoy,
- Mushfiqur Rahim,
- Mahmudullah Riyad,
- Mehidy Hasan Miraz,
- Nasum Ahmed,
- Shak Mahedi Hasan,
- Taskin Ahmed,
- Mustafizur Rahman,
- Hasan Mahmud,
- Shoriful Islam,
- Tanzim Hasan Sakib.
- Hashmatullah Shahidi (c),
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz,
- Ibrahim Zadran,
- Riaz Hassan,
- Rahmat Shah,
- Najibullah Zadran,
- Mohammad Nabi,
- Ikram Alikhil,
- Azmatullah Omarzai,
- Rashid Khan,
- Mujeeb ur Rahman,
- Noor Ahmad,
- Fazalhaq Farooqi,
- Abdul Rahman,
- Naveen ul Haq.
- Scott Edwards (c),
- Max O’Dowd,
- Bas de Leede,
- Vikram Singh,
- Teja Nidamanuru,
- Paul van Meekeren,
- Colin Ackermann,
- Roelof van der Merwe,
- Logan van Beek,
- Aryan Dutt,
- Ryan Klein,
- Wesley Barresi,
- Saqib Zulfiqar,
- Shariz Ahmad,
- Sybrand Engelbrecht.
Cricket World Cup 2023 Format
Get ready for a cricketing extravaganza with the 2023 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup, featuring an exciting format designed to bring out the best in each team.
The tournament starts with a fierce Group Stage where all ten teams are divided into two groups. Each team will play a round-robin format within its group, engaging in intense battles to secure valuable points. The top teams from each group will advance to the next stage of the competition.
- Quarter-Finals: The top four teams from the group stage will proceed to the Quarter-Finals. The knockout rounds begin with these high-stakes encounters, where teams will give their all to secure a spot in the Semi-Finals.
- Semi-Finals: The victorious teams from the Quarter-Finals move on to the Semi-Finals, a crucial stage that separates the contenders from the pretenders. The Semi-Finals promise to be nerve-wracking contests, determining which teams will have the chance to claim glory in the showdown.
- Final: The summit clash, the Final, awaits the two best teams of the tournament. This is when the cricketing world holds its breath as the finalists battle it out for the prestigious title of ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup champions. The Final is the culmination of weeks of intense competition, showcasing the participating teams’ skill, strategy, and determination.
- Teams earn points through victories in the group stage matches.
- Two points are awarded for a win and one for a no-result or a tie.
- Based on points and net run rate, the top two teams from each group progress to the knockout rounds.
- Quarter-finals, Semi-Finals, and the Final are knockout matches.
- The winner of each knockout match advances to the next round.
- A Super Over will determine the winner in a tie or no result in knockout matches.
This format ensures that every match is crucial, making the journey to the final a test of consistency, resilience, and excellence. As the drama unfolds on the cricket field, fans worldwide can expect a roller-coaster ride of emotions in the quest for cricketing glory.
Cricket World Cup 2023 Schedule and Fixtures
Get ready for the cricketing spectacle of the year! The 2023 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup promises a thrilling series of matches to keep fans on the edge of their seats. Here’s the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 schedule and fixtures:
|Date of the Match||ICC WC 2023 Fixtures||Stadium Name|
|5th October 2023||Eng Vs NZ||Ahmedabad|
|6th October 2023||Pak Vs Qualifier 1||Hyderabad|
|7th October 2023||BAN Vs AFG||Dharamshala|
|7th October 2023||SA Vs Qualifier 2||Delhi|
|8th October 2023||IND Vs AUS||Chennai|
|9th October 2023||NZ Vs Qualifier 1||Hyderabad|
|10th October 2023||ENG Vs BAN||Dharamshala|
|11th October 2023||IND Vs AFG||Delhi|
|12th October 2023||PAK Vs Qualifier 2||Hyderabad|
|13th October 2023||AUS Vs SA||Lucknow|
|14th October 2023||ENG VS AFG||Delhi|
|14th October 2023||NZ Vs BAN||Chennai|
|15th October 2023||IND Vs PAK||Ahmedabad|
|16th October 2023||AUS VS Qualifier 2||Lucknow|
|17th October 2023||SA Vs Qualifier 1||Dharamshala|
|18th October 2023||NZ Vs AFG||Chennai|
|19th October 2023||IND Vs BAN||Pune|
|20th October 2023||AUS VS PAK||Bengaluru|
|21st October 2023||ENG Vs SA||Mumbai|
|21st October 2023||Qualifier 1 Vs Qualifier 2||Lucknow|
|22nd October 2023||IND Vs NZ||Dharamshala|
|23rd October 2023||PAK Vs AFG||Chennai|
|24th October 2023||SA Vs BAN||Mumbai|
|25th October 2023||AUS VS Qualifier 1||Delhi|
|26th October 2023||ENG Vs Qualifier 2||Bengaluru|
|27th October 2023||PAK Vs SA||Chennai|
|28th October 2023||Qualifier 1 Vs BAN||Kolkata|
|28th October 2023||AUS Vs NZ||Dharamshala|
|29th October 2023||IND Vs ENG||Lucknow|
|30th October 2023||AFG Vs Qualifier 2||Pune|
|31st October 2023||PAK vs BAN||Kolkata|
|01st November 2023||NZ Vs SA||Pune|
|02nd November 2023||IND Vs Qualifier 2||Mumbai|
|03rd November 2023||Qualifier 1 Vs AFG||Lucknow|
|04th November 2023||ENG VS AUS||Ahmedabad|
|04th November 2023||NZ Vs PAK||Bengaluru|
|05th November 2023||IND Vs SA||Kolkata|
|06th November 2023||BAN Vs Qualifier 2||Delhi|
|07th November 2023||AUS Vs AFG||Mumbai|
|08th November 2023||ENG Vs Qualifier 1||Pune|
|09th November 2023||NZ Vs Qualifier 2||Bengaluru|
|10th November 2023||SA Vs AFG||Ahmedabad|
|11th November 2023||IND Vs Qualifier 1||Bengaluru|
|12th November 2023||ENG Vs PAK||Kolkata|
|12th November 2023||AUS Vs BAN||Pune|
|15th November 2023||Semi-Final 1||Mumbai|
|16th November 2023||Semi-Final 2||Kolkata|
|19th November 2023||Final||Ahmedabad|
Cricket World Cup 2023 Tickets and Attendance
How to Purchase Tickets
Get ready to witness the excitement of the ICC Men’s World Cup 2023 Cricket live in the stadiums! Here’s how you can secure your tickets:
- Online Booking: Visit the official ICC website or authorized ticketing platforms to book your tickets conveniently from the comfort of your home.
- Offline Purchase: Tickets will also be available at designated ticket counters in the host cities. Check local outlets and official stadiums for in-person ticket purchases.
- Authorized Resellers: Ensure you purchase tickets only from authorized resellers to avoid inconvenience.
Choose from various ticket categories to tailor your cricket experience:
- General Admission: Affordable tickets to enjoy the matches from dedicated sections.
- Premium Seating: Elevate your experience with premium seats offering the best views of the action.
- Hospitality Packages: For a luxurious experience, explore hospitality packages that may include VIP seating, catering, and more.
Special Events and Ceremonies
The Cricket World Cup 2023 isn’t just about thrilling matches; it’s a celebration of the spirit of cricket. Don’t miss out on these special events:
- Opening Ceremony: Join us for a spectacular opening ceremony to set the stage for a month-long cricketing rivalry. Experience dazzling performances and the official inauguration of the tournament.
- Fan Zones: Engage with fellow cricket enthusiasts in designated fan zones. Enjoy entertainment, food, and activities, creating an immersive cricket atmosphere.
- Closing Ceremony: As the tournament concludes, be part of the closing ceremony, a fitting tribute to the players and fans who made the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 a memorable event.
- COVID-19 Safety Measures: The safety of our fans is a top priority. Adhere to the specified COVID-19 guidelines, including mask-wearing and social distancing.
- Arrive Early: Ensure you reach the stadium well in advance to attend all parts of the action or the opening ceremonies.
- Check Fixture Schedule: Plan your attendance based on the fixture schedule. Some matches may have higher demand, so secure your tickets early.
Take the chance to be part of cricket history. Purchase your tickets now and prepare to cheer for your favorite teams in the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023!
Cricket World Cup 2023 Broadcast and Streaming
- India and Subcontinent: Star Sports, the iconic sports broadcaster, will air live coverage of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 in India and its subcontinent countries, including Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Maldives, and Bhutan. Indian viewers can stream all matches live Cricket World Cup 2023 on the Disney+ Hotstar digital platform with a premium subscription.
- Global Rights and Partnerships: Star India and Star Middle East have secured international broadcasting rights for the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023. A groundbreaking eight-year international broadcast agreement was recently announced, excluding host broadcast production rights retained by the ICC. Fox Sports holds the rights to broadcast every game, with Channel 9 covering all Australian matches. Foxtel and Kayo have exclusive broadcast rights in Australia.
- North America and the United Kingdom: Willow TV is the go-to channel for live coverage in the United States and Canada. Sky Sports Cricket will broadcast matches live in the United Kingdom, with NOW TV and Sky Go offering online streaming options.
- Middle East and North Africa (MENA): Etisalat and Starzplay hold TV rights for live coverage in the Middle East and North Africa. Viewers across MENA countries can catch the action on CricLife Max via Etisalat’s eLife TV, Switch TV, and the Starzplay app.
- Sub-Saharan Africa: SuperSport, the African pay television broadcaster, will provide live coverage in Sub-Saharan Africa. Matches will also be live-streamed on the SuperSport digital platform, available on DStv, GOtv, SuperSport.com, and DStv Now.
- Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka: In Bangladesh, Gazi TV (GTV), T Sports, and BTV National will broadcast matches. PTV Sports and Esports are the official broadcasters in Pakistan. SLRC (Channel Eye) will telecast the ODI Cricket World Cup 2023 in Sri Lanka.
- Continental Europe and South East Asia: YuppTV, the largest OTT provider for South Asian content, has secured digital media rights for Continental Europe (except UK & Ireland) and South East Asia (except Singapore and Malaysia).
- Caribbean Region: ESPN Caribbean Networks will exclusively broadcast all matches in the Caribbean region through ESPN Caribbean and the ESPN Play app.
- Digital Innovation: The ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 introduces a groundbreaking initiative with a vertical video feed on ICC TV, facilitating a seamless mobile viewing experience for fans on the move.
- ESPN/Star Sports (Asia): The official broadcaster for Asia, bringing live coverage and expert analysis to cricket fans across the continent.
- Sky Sports (United Kingdom): The go-to channel for cricket enthusiasts in the UK, delivering comprehensive tournament coverage.
- Fox Sports (Australia): Watch the Cricket World Cup live on Fox Sports, the official broadcaster for Australia.
- SuperSport (Africa): Bringing the excitement of the tournament to African viewers, SuperSport is the official broadcaster for the region.
- Willow TV (North America): Cricket fans in North America can follow the World Cup action on Willow TV.
|Territory||Licensee||Warm Ups Exploitation|
|Afghanistan||Ariana TV||All matches to be shown live on linear & digital.|
|Australia||Fox Sports||All matches to be shown live. Bangladesh v Sri Lanka and Afghanistan v Sri Lanka to be shown on Kayo only. Rest will be on linear & Kayo.|
|Bangladesh||Gazi TV||The two Bangladesh matches will be shown live on linear and digital.|
|Canada||Willow||All matches to be shown on digital. Select matches to be shown on TV|
|Caribbean Islands||ICC.tv||Live on ICC.tv|
|Central & South America and Mexico||ICC.tv||Live on ICC.tv|
|Brazil||ICC.tv||Live on ICC.tv|
|Continental Europe and SEA(excluding Singapore)||Yupp TV||All matches live on Yupp TV|
|Hong Kong||PCCW/Yupp TV||All matches live on Yupp TV|
|India||Star Sports||All matches shown live on linear TV via the Star Sports network & simulcast on digital via Disney+Hotstar.|
|Maldives, Nepal, Bhutan||Star Sports||All matches shown live on linear TV via the Star Sports network.|
|Malaysia||MEASAT/Yupp TV||All matches live on Yupp TV|
|MENA||Etisalat||All matches will be live on CricLife Max, CricLife1 and CricLife2.|
|Netherlands||ICC.tv||Live on ICC.tv|
|New Zealand||Sky Sport NZ||Available on SKY NZ|
|Pacific Islands||ICC.tv||Live on ICC.tv|
|Pakistan||PTV||Matches to be shown on PTV & ARY.|
|Singapore||StarHub||All matches to be shown on TV & Digital|
|Sri Lanka||Maharaja TV||All matches to be covered on TV and Digital|
|South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa||SuperSport||Most warm-up matches on linear TV|
|UK||Sky Sports||All warm-up matches except SA v Afg, Aus v Ned & Afg v SL shown on linear and digital.|
|USA||ESPN+||All matches to be shown by ESPN+|
|Willow||Select matches to be shown by Willow TV on linear|
Cricket World Cup 2023 Key Players and Teams to Watch
Virat Kohli (India):
- Role: Captain and Top-order Batsman
- Stats: One of the best batters globally, with a prolific record in ODIs.
- Interesting Fact: Known for his consistency and aggressive captaincy style.
Pat Cummins (Australia):
- Role: Fast Bowler and Vice-captain
- Stats: Leading the Australian pace attack, Cummins is known for his lethal pace and accuracy.
- Interesting Fact: Became the most expensive overseas player in the IPL.
Babar Azam (Pakistan):
- Role: Captain and Top-order Batsman
- Stats: Ranked among the top ODI batters globally, Babar’s elegant strokeplay is a treat.
- Interesting Fact: Holds the record for being the fastest to 1000 runs in T20Is.
Joe Root (England):
- Role: Captain and Middle-order Batsman
- Stats: A versatile batsman with a solid technique, Root is the backbone of England’s batting lineup.
- Interesting Fact: The only Englishman to score centuries in both innings of his 100th Test match.
Kagiso Rabada (South Africa):
- Role: Fast Bowler
- Stats: One of the leading wicket-takers in world cricket, Rabada brings raw pace and skill.
- Interesting Fact: Holds the record for the best bowling figures on an ODI debut.
Teams to Watch
- Strengths: Powerful batting lineup, world-class spinners, and a balanced pace attack.
- Previous Performance: Finalists in the 2017 ICC Champions Trophy.
- Strengths: Strong all-round team with experienced players, especially in the pace department.
- Previous Performance: Five-time World Cup champions.
- Strengths: Explosive batting, depth in the bowling department, and home advantage.
- Previous Performance: 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup winners.
- Strengths: Unpredictability, talented young players, and a potent bowling attack.
- Previous Performance: 1992 ICC Cricket World Cup champions.
- Strengths: Solid batting order and a formidable pace attack.
- Previous Performance: Reached the semi-finals in the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup.
Cricket World Cup History
The ICC Men’s World Cup 2023 is slated to take place from October 5 to November 19 in India, marking the 13th edition of this prestigious tournament. Over the years, 12 World Cup tournaments have captivated cricket enthusiasts worldwide.
Australia stands as the most triumphant nation, clinching the title five times. In a historic achievement in 2007, Australia became the first team to secure three consecutive World Cup victories.
India and the West Indies share the distinction of winning the World Cup twice each. India claimed the coveted trophy in 1983 and 2011, showcasing their cricket prowess, while the West Indies asserted their dominance in 1975 and 1979. The most recent 50-over World Cup in 2019 witnessed England emerging as the champions, etching their name in recent cricket history.
Here’s a glimpse of the esteemed nations that have secured victory in the One Day Cricket World Cup:
|Cricket World Cup Winners List (ODI)|
|1975||England||West Indies||291–8||Australia||274||West Indies won by 17 runs|
|1979||England||West Indies||286–9||England||194||West Indies won by 92 runs|
|1983||England||India||183||West Indies||140||India won by 43 runs|
|1987||India and Pakistan||Australia||253–5||England||246–8||Australia won by 7 runs|
|1992||Australia and New Zealand||Pakistan||249–6||England||227||Pakistan won by 22 runs|
|1996||Pakistan and India||Sri Lanka||245–3||Australia||241||Sri Lanka won by 7 wickets|
|1999||England||Australia||133–2||Pakistan||132||Australia won by 8 wickets|
|2003||South Africa||Australia||359–2||India||234||Australia won by 125 runs|
|2007||West Indies||Australia||281–4||Sri Lanka||215–8||Australia won by 53 runs|
|2011||India and Bangladesh||India||277–4||Sri Lanka||274–6||India won by 6 wickets|
|2015||Australia and New Zealand||Australia||186–3||New Zealand||183||Australia won by 7 wickets|
|2019||England and Wales||England||241||New Zealand||241–8||Match tied after regular play and super over; England won on boundary count|
Australia stands tall as the most triumphant team in the ICC ODI World Cup, clinching the coveted title an impressive 5 times and securing runner-up positions twice. Following closely, India and West Indies have etched their names in history by winning the World Cup twice each.
The latest edition of the ICC ODI Men’s World Cup in 2019 unfolded in the scenic landscapes of England and Wales. In a historic turn of events, the hosting country, England, emerged victorious, securing the World Cup for the first time in its cricketing journey.
Here’s a breakdown of the ICC ODI Cricket World Cup winners, highlighting the countries that have proudly lifted the prestigious trophy:
|Team||Final Appearances||Winners||Runners||Years Won||Years Runners|
|Australia||7||5||2||1987, 1999, 2003, 2007, 2015||1975, 1996|
|England||4||1||3||2019||1979, 1987, 1992|
|New Zealand||2||0||2||–||2015, 2019|
|Sri Lanka||3||1||2||1996||2007, 2011|
|West Indies||3||2||1||1975, 1979||1983|
Latest News and Updates
Stay tuned for the latest happenings and updates leading up to the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023. Keep informed about team announcements, player injuries, and other crucial developments with these cricket news sources! As the excitement builds for the Cricket World Cup 2023, we will keep you in the loop with the latest news, ensuring you don’t miss a moment.
Get in the Game
Are you ready to participate actively in the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 excitement? We have a lineup of thrilling activities to make your tournament experience even more engaging! Here’s how you can dive in:
- Daily Polls: Express your opinions and predictions by participating in our daily polls. Who will be the top run-scorer? Which team will surprise us with an upset? Your voice matters, and the cricket community wants to hear it!
- Fantasy Cricket League: Become the selector and strategist! Create your dream team, earn points based on real players’ performances, and compete with fellow cricket enthusiasts. Prizes await the most astute team managers!
- Trivia Challenges: How well do you know the history of the Cricket World Cup? Test your knowledge with our trivia challenges. Fun facts, memorable moments, and legendary players – let’s see if you can ace them all!
- Matchday Quizzes: Gear up for matchdays with quick, exciting quizzes. Brush up on team stats, player profiles, and tournament trivia. Challenge your friends and see who the true cricket maestro is!
- Predict the Winner: Can you foresee the future? Make your predictions for each match and, more importantly, predict the tournament champion. Bragging rights are up for grabs!
Stay tuned to our website and social media channels for these interactive features. Let’s make the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 a spectator sport and a celebration of cricketing camaraderie!
As we embark on the thrilling journey of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023, we recognize this tournament’s profound impact on cricket. It’s not merely a series of matches; it’s a celebration of the sport’s spirit, a stage where nations unite and heroes etch their names in history.
With its rich legacy and storied moments, this tournament is a testament to the global love affair with cricket. From the nail-biting rivalries to the awe-inspiring performances, every match is a chapter in the saga of a sport that transcends boundaries.
As the cricketing world converges in India for this epic showdown, we invite you to be part of the narrative. Join us in celebrating the passion, skill, and indomitable spirit of the players who don their nation’s colors with pride.
Stay connected for comprehensive coverage, real-time updates, and exclusive insights. The ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 isn’t just a tournament; it’s a spectacle, and you’re in the front row. Let the games begin, and let the cricketing magic unfold!
Please watch our website for the latest news, highlights, and a front-row seat to cricketing history. This is more than a tournament; it’s a cricketing odyssey, and we’re thrilled to have you with us.